You know that phone you’ve got in your pocket or on your desk? If it’s a smartphone, it’s expensive. There’s no other way to put it, is there? If you were to lose it, or worse, if it were to be stolen, it becomes more than just a lost phone. It’s your life in someone else’s hands.
Not your physical life ie. you’ll die soon, but all your friends’ numbers and details, thousands of messages, hundreds of photos, all your music, your videos, your emails, your Facebook, your Twitter, etc. You get the point, and I have a solution.
You see, I take phone security seriously. So when I saw a post at AndroidPolice.com about an offer Cerberus, the best Android security app in AP’s opinion, I had to take a look. Here’s the low down:
Cerberus is a complete anti-theft application, the best protection you can get to recover your misplaced, lost or stolen Android device. This is a free trial for one week, then you can buy a lifetime license for a small price (2.99€) from within the application: no monthly or yearly fees, just a one-time payment. License is associated to your Cerberus account, if you have multiple devices you can use all of them (up to 5) with the same account.
It has three ways to protect your device:
– Remote control through the website www.cerberusapp.com
– Remote control via text messages
– SIM Checker (for devices that have a SIM card): you will automatically receive alerts if someone uses your phone with an unauthorized SIM card
Remote control allows you to perform many operations on your device, like:
– Locate and track it
– Start a loud alarm, even if the device is set to silent mode
– Wipe the internal memory and the SD card
– Hide Cerberus from the app drawer
– Lock the device with a code
– Record audio from the microphone
– Get a list of last calls sent and received
– Get information about network and operator the device is connected to
– And much more!
Cerberus automatically enables GPS if it is off when you try to localize your device (only on Android < 2.3.3) and you can protect it from unauthorized uninstalling – more info in the app configuration.
Got that? Now here’s the juicy bit. Right up till the end of February Cerberus is giving away FREE life time licenses. Where? Here. What do you need? Your username and your email. Simples.